Each of our products is a custom, proprietary blend of 6-8 carefully selected organic oils —and that’s it. You won’t find any artificial fragrances, colors, or preservatives which can have a negative impact. Natural plant- and tree-based carrier oils and ultra-concentrated essential oils scent our products, and all our ingredients are natural & organic. Simplicity and purity—that’s our way.
Did you know that the hair on your face is not at all the same as the hair on your head? Growth rates are different. So is the thickness of hair and its particular oils. And that’s not all. Your facial skin is also different from the skin on your scalp. Which is why you can’t just rely on ordinary shampoo when it comes to your beard—or lotion when it comes to a freshly-shaved face. Here’s where Vermont Beard & Mustache Company comes in. We have precision-engineered our products with an intimate understanding of men’s beards and facial skin. We have crafted our products to nourish and revitalize where others fall short. We offer complementary products to keep you looking good with healthy skin and a healthy, strong, hardy, vigorous, rejuvenated beard.
Your skin naturally generates oil rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fatty acids. Our beard oil mimics your natural oil, nourishing your scalp and hair as well as moisturizing and toning your skin. Because we use essential oils—subtle blends of concentrated scents extracted directly from nature—our beard oils contain antioxidants and have antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and purifying properties. Additionally, our beard oil absorbs easily, and may help reduce and prevent acne, eczema, and dandruff, and does not leave a greasy residue.
Beard Conditioning Oil
Whether your style is a fine, handsome stubble or a gloriously long and robust beard, beard conditioner is for you. No, you aren’t putting motor oil on your face. You are simply softening your whiskers, smoothing your skin, and helping your hair fill in thicker and faster. Think of beard conditioner as a sublte cologne that also moisturizes your hair and skin. And the best part is this: a few drops of beard conditioner take no time at all to apply and will improve your beard and skin noticeably with just one or two weeks. Why not take charge of your beard like you do the rest of your life and make itchiness and coarse, scraggly hair a thing of the past?
How to use:
- Apply a few drops after a shower & as needed through the day to condition and keep your beard strong.
- see our Education Page for more detail
Create an ultra-smooth and enjoyable shave with Vermont Beard and Mustache Company’s pre-shave oil, which softens and lifts hairs prior to shaving, protecting your skin and preventing irritation. You can apply this blend under shaving cream or gel, or you can use it by itself. Get ready to make space on your bathroom shelf: A 1 oz. bottle can replace multiple containers of shaving cream!
How to use:
- Massage a few drops into warmed, wet skin to create slick hair prior to shaving.
- see our Education Page for more detail
Our ingredients are intended to improve your hair and skin. These closely mimic human oil which are rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fatty acids. They are light, easily absorbed, and nourishing for skin, scalp, and hair which moisturize and tone. Nothing extra or unneeded is used, ever. This makes the beard oil and shave oil superior quality and best in class. This all adds up to better hair and skin while helping with acne, eczema, dandruff.
Our oils are blended with a main carrier oil with the intent of improving your skin & hair with a few drops of precious essential oils for added benefit & natural scent. The carrier oils vary from light to heavy oil. They are never intended to leave a greasy residue. Leave-on conditioning oils are lighter and emphasize hair, skin improvement. Shaving oil is heaver with an eye for protecting, healing. Essential oils are blended to bring out both scent and natural power. These range from hair growth to inflammation reduction to deodorizing to disinfect to name a few. Our custom blends are designed to be distinct as you put them on, yet subtle enough to not overpower those around you. These scents will bring out the natural world around us, and will take your senses to a world outside your walls from a spruce filled mountain-top peak to the crisp, refreshing, lakeside.
We have engineered our carrier oil blends to mimic your body’s natural oil. Like sebum, the oil your skin produces, the plant- and tree-based oils we use do not leave a build-up because they are quickly and easily absorbed. They soften skin, reduce inflammation, and lock in moisture—and have been doing so for centuries.
OUR CARRIER OILS INCLUDE:
- Apricot Oil (Prunus armeniaca) – Pressed from the kernel of the apricot pit, apricot oil is light and mild and improves itchy, flaky skin.
- Argan Oil (Argania spinosa) – Rich in natural tocopherols (vitamin E), this luxurious oil derived from the fruit kernels of the Moroccan argan tree delivers deep hydration to brittle hair and protects aging skin from wrinkles and spots.
- Castor Oil (Ricinus communis) –Derived from the seeds of the castor oil plant, this highly viscous oil forms a protective layer—soothing the skin, adding sheen, and stimulating hair growth.
- Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera) – Coconut shells are the source of this anti-inflammatory oil, which can moisturize and sooth sensitive, irritated skin.
- Grapeseed Oil (Vitis vinifera) – This pleasantly light and non-allergenic oil reduces pore inflammation due to dry skin and non-conditioned beard hairs.
- Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis) – More like a liquid wax, Jojoba oil comes from the beans of a shrub-like plant and has been used for years in hair care products, mimics the body's natural oil.
- Sesame Oil (Sesamum indicum) – For thousands of years, people have been drawing on the healing properties of this antibacterial “queen” oil.
- Sunflower Oil (Helianthus annuus) – Rich in vitamins A, D, and E, sunflower oil deeply nourishes the skin.
- Sweet Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis) – Thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, this soothing oil not only conditions the skin but can help prevent ingrown beard hairs.
Essential oils lend our products their distinctive, pleasing, and often complex scents, and these oils come with numerous homeopathic benefits too. For centuries, people have been using these potent concentrations of herbs, spices, and botanicals to relax, reduce inflammation, stimulate hair growth, soothe skin, enhance mood, deodorize, and generally disinfect. Oh, and they can repel insects too. How concentrated are essential oils? Imagine 70 lemons reduced to a single drop of oil. That is what we’re talking about.
OUR ESSENTIAL OILS INCLUDE:
- Bergamot Oil – Confident citrus scent with a hint of smoke.
- Cedarwood Oil – Dry, soft piney scent—a walk in the northern woods.
- Clove Oil – Rich, spicy scent—autumn is in the air.
- Eucalyptus Oil – Herbal, woody scent redolent of camphor.
- Lavender Oil – Fresh floral scent with sweet tones.
- Lime Oil – Strong, invigorating citrus scent that wakens.
- Patchouli Oil – Warm, earthy scent—a spring rain.
- Peppermint Oil – Clean, refreshing scent that cools like a stream.
- Rosemary Oil – Mesmerizing, rustic scent with hints of leather and pine.
- Sandalwood – Rich, decadent scent with balsamic notes.
- Sage Oil – Savory, peppery scent.
- Spruce Essential Oil – woody, evergreen scent—winter is in the air.
- Vetiver Oil – Dry, musky scent—a touch of tobacco and black tea.
- Ylang Ylang – Sweet, floral scent. The aroma of comfort and ease.
- Others - will vary depending on the scent of the day or season
Why not other ingredients ?
We don't use synthetic fragrance, colorant, stabilizers, emulsifiers, or ingredients which are typically less expensive.. More is not better, in this case. These additives can irritate skin, strip the hair of moisture, clog pores, and have other impacts which have unknowingly led many men to fear their beard…. Tragic.
Allergen: our products contained known allergens that include, but may not be limited to, tree nuts. All products are handled in a facility where these ingredients are stored and handled. Our products list their ingredients to help you make informed decisions. If you are allergic to any of the ingredients used in our products we recommend you not purchase or use our products.
The products are expected to last 8-12 months under ideal storage conditions. If the scent is lost or smells off, don’t use it and recycle it. see intended use
- Storage conditions play a big part on product life and can have a negative influence. Ideally, store out of the sunlight, away from heat, and keep closed when not in use.
Information is for educational purposes and has not been evaluated by the FDA. We do not make any claims about the health benefits of any products. products and information is not intended to treat, cure, prevent or, diagnose any disease or condition.